Phi Kappa Phi is currently accepting applications for its 2018 award programs. The award programs provide funding for graduate study, continuing education, professional development, literacy initiatives and studies abroad.
Since 1933, Phi Kappa Phi’s award programs have recognized members and students on its chapter campuses for outstanding academic achievement. Currently, $1.4 million is awarded each biennium through programs that last year recognized over 350 individuals.
“The best part of Phi Kappa Phi to me, is how it continues its mission—for so many years—to recognize and award students in higher education for excellence in academic achievement,” said Audrey Alleyne, a 2017 award recipient. “This is such a great motivation for students who love learning to continue striving for greater achievements.”
Programs currently accepting applications include:
- Study Abroad Grants: 50 grants of $1,000 each will be awarded to both members and non-members studying abroad. The deadline to apply is February 15.
- Literacy Grants: Grants of up to $2,500 are available to Phi Kappa Phi chapters and individual members seeking funding for literacy initiatives. The deadline to apply is April 1.
- Love of Learning Awards: One hundred awards, at $500 each, are available to help fund post-baccalaureate studies and professional development for active members. The deadline to apply is April 1.
- Fellowships: Six fellowships of $15,000 each and 51 fellowships of $5,000 each are available to members entering their first year of graduate or professional study. The deadline to apply varies by each Phi Kappa Phi chapter. Contact your local chapter for deadline information.
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholar & Artist: Once per biennium, Phi Kappa Phi honors two individuals who have demonstrated the ideals of the Society through their lifelong activities, achievements and scholarship. Nominations will be accepted until February 1.
- Ray Sylvester Distinguished Service Award: Once per biennium, Phi Kappa Phi honors an individual who has provided sustained, non-compensated volunteer service to others beyond the realm of academia. Nominations will be accepted until February 1.
Click here to learn more about the Society’s award programs. If you have questions, contact Kelli Partin, awards manager, at email@example.com.