Director of Development
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 7576 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Annual Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Health, life, dental, vision, and retirement plan
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel
In partnership with the executive team, the Director of Development develops, manages, and leads the execution of a donor-centric annual fund development program to support the mission, vision and strategic objectives of Phi Kappa Phi (PKP). This position
is responsible for all aspects of the annual fund, including planning and managing all direct mail programs, membership groups, tribute program, as well as cultivating new annual fund donors. The Director of Development shall manage a portfolio of
current donors and prospects who have a giving capacity of $1,000 or more. In addition, this position is responsible for all aspects of donor relations and donor recognition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, facilitate and monitor a long-range strategic fundraising plan offering a range of philanthropic opportunities for members and annual fund donors.
- Ensure relevant fundraising best practices are integrated into all fundraising activities including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies. Create annual appeals and solicitation materials, as well as timelines, action items, and
- Acquire new annual fund donors through membership lists and targeted appeals.
- Cultivate and stewarding annual gift donors.
- Develop solicitation methods to encourage 100% annual fund participation by PKP board and staff.
- Create and coordinate a targeted moves-management program for the purposes of growing an annual and mid-level gifts program.
- Respond to planned giving inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Direct fundraising campaigns such as the annual appeal, direct mail, Giving Tuesday, and other fundraising drives as they are approved by the executive team.
- Meet prospective and current donors and supporters to establish and maintain effective two-way communications and deepen relationships.
- In partnership with the Executive Director/CEO, engage and facilitate the Board of Directors’ and staff participation in the fund development process.
- Support the Executive Director/CEO in their partnership with Phi Kappa Phi staff leadership and key volunteers in deepening donor relationships and increasing philanthropic participation.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors with mid-level giving capacity.
Partner with PKP’s leadership team to ensure the philanthropic integrity and donor centric messaging in all PKP’s collateral material, social media, website, press releases and the annual impact report.
In partnership with Advancement Services, oversee PKP’s fundraising database, donor record keeping, gift acknowledgement, and fund development reporting processes.
Work with the Advancement Services specialist and IT staff in CRM implementation, management, and prospect development.
- Develop and participate in executing a plan to deliver timely impact reports to donors that express the value of their philanthropic investment.
- Develop policies and procedures for donor engagement and recognition.
- Maintain the donor recognition publications (ensure that new donors are added each year and adjust those donors who achieve higher levels).
- Plan and execute donor-centric special events as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the executive team in support of overall organizational goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Embrace PKP’s mission, vision and values.
Work collaboratively while motivating and developing the fundraising potential of professional colleagues, board members and other volunteers.
Demonstrate knowledge and experience in fundraising best practices.
Create and manage a budget.
Project professional, business image that reflects the nature of the responsibilities.
Strive to foster and attract innovative ideas and creative approaches to increasing revenue, balanced with methodical in the execution
Help to ensure effective and successful events.
Exhibit characteristics of a goal-driven self-starter with an ability to prioritize competing deadlines, initiate donor visits, and make fundraising calls.
Demonstrate sound judgment in preparation and presentation.
Exhibit effective and professional interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
Flexible, cooperative, service-minded and enjoys being an active member of an agency-wide team.
Exercise discretion and maintains donor and employee confidentiality
- Minimum 3-5 years nonprofit experience.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred.
- Experience leading fundraising efforts (or in a leadership position at an organization, i.e., Development or Operations Director) for a $1M+/year nonprofit and working with nonprofit Boards of Directors.
Director of Finance
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Location: 7576 Goodwood
Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806 (No relocation cost support)
The Director of Finance will manage various accounting, finance, and tax compliance areas for Phi Kappa Phi chapters, member payments/receivables, and financial administration of the awards program. This position serves as a trusted financial resource
for Phi Kappa Phi’s Chapter Development Department and individual member chapters, as well as providing vital support in the Finance Department and management of special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounts payable and accounts receivable records, transactions, reporting, and invoicing between the national office and 325+ individual chapters across the country.
- Work collaboratively and maintain continuous communications with the Chapter Development Department regarding the status of chapter financial matters.
- Serve as an educational resource for the Chapter Development Department and individual chapters for finance, accounting, tax, and other related areas.
- Monitor chapter officer contact information and other organization details necessary to ensure accurate and timely payment to chapters, and the updating of accurate data in the national accounting system.
- Maintain Funds Management Software for select chapters, send monthly financials, and pay invoices for those chapters.
- Manage all financial reports for chapters annually.
- Assist chapters with maintaining group tax exemption status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Monitor chapter 990 filings to ensure continuous tax-exempt compliance.
- Maintain and reconcile current list of chapter escrow accounts and balances per Phi Kappa Phi bylaws.
- Manage and process donor acknowledgment letters/tax receipts and annual tax statements.
- Supervise and support the Member Records and Finance Manager to ensure the timely and accurate receipt and recording of dues and donations payments.
- Assist in membership transfers/reactivations.
- Provide financial and tax administration for the awards program.
- Prepare and reconcile End-of-Month documentation for Month-End closing.
- Serve as a vital member of the Finance Department and provide backup support for the Accounting Manager and Member Records and Finance Manager.
- Assist in payroll calculations and filing within the payroll software.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and thorough attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills necessary to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines across a multitude of projects.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Proficient with not-for-profit accounting and database systems, Excel, QuickBooks, and other MS Office software products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business field is required.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting is preferred.