ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CHAPTER SERVICES
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is seeking an Assistant Director of Chapter Services. With more than 325 chapters, Phi Kappa Phi is the oldest, largest, most inclusive, and most prestigious all-discipline collegiate honor society in the United States. The position will be located at the Society’s national office in Baton Rouge. Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a keen ability to cultivate and nurture positive relationships with volunteer faculty officers.
- assist in the creation, development, and execution of chapter services strategies.
- act as the main point of contact for all assigned chapters.
- ensure essential chapter functions are effectively managed and maintained.
- assist with virtual and in person training opportunities.
- develop strong relationships with student chapter officers.
- serve as the lead organizer on all student vice president initiatives.
The primary role is to build and manage effective relationships with all assigned chapters through meaningful communication. Successful chapter services management is demonstrated by providing services in the following areas:
- Development and execution of strategies, programs, projects, and initiatives to fulfill the Society’s goals for our chapters.
- Management and evaluation of chapter processes related to Society and chapter governance.
- Management and evaluation of assigned chapters for operational and fiscal effectiveness.
- Development and delivery of content and training for Society-sponsored events for chapters.
- Development and delivery of content and training for student vice president initiatives.
- Management of volunteer experience by ensuring volunteers are well-informed, trained, and appreciated in their roles.
- Master’s degree preferred (communication, business, public administration, or related field)
- Minimum three years of related experience preferably in an association or higher education organization. Experience with member/chapter issues strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills required. Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative, work both independently and as part of a team, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in Office 365 (Word and Excel); knowledge of CRMs, utilization of various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), and the ability to learn and apply new technologies; experience with virtual meeting platforms (e.g., GoToMeeting, Teams, Zoom), online community and communication software experience (e.g., Higher Logic, Informz), and desktop publishing software preferred. Very limited travel and weekend work required.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi takes pride in offering comprehensive and affordable benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with generous cost sharing by the employer, generous paid time off in three categories, paid holidays, as well as an 11% 401(a) contribution.
Phi Kappa Phi values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Phi Kappa Phi inducts approximately 25,000 students, faculty, professional staff, and alumni annually. The Society has chapters on more than 325 select colleges and universities in the United States, its territories, and the Philippines. Membership is by invitation only to the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students and 7.5 percent of juniors.