The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi annually awards 20 grants of up to $1,500 to active members attending graduate school. These grants provide funding for research in support of career development opportunities.
Oct. 1, 2023: Application portal opens
Nov. 30, 2023: Application deadline
Feb. 15, 2024: Recipients will be notified
Want a reminder when applications open again? Click here.
To apply for a Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Research Grant, you must:
- Be an active (dues current) member of Phi Kappa Phi or have accepted membership by Nov. 30, 2023.
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate program.
- Be conducting or presenting research Jan. 1, 2024 - Aug. 31, 2024.
- Not be a current Phi Kappa Phi Fellow or have received a previous Graduate Research Grant or Dissertation Fellowship.
- Not be a sitting Phi Kappa Phi board member, divisional vice president, member of the Graduate Research Grant committee or Society employee at the time of application or announcement.
Submit your application through our online portal Oct. 1, 2023 – Nov. 30, 2023.
Selection is based on the following:
- Rationale for seeking the grant
- Benefit of the experience gained
- Impact on professional development
- Impact on the field of study
- Impact on the public good
- Proposed budget
Winners will be notified by Feb. 15, 2024.
For a list of the most recent recipients, FAQ and additional applicant resources, click here.