The latest edition of the Phi Kappa Phi Forum
will be arriving in your mailbox soon. The fall edition's theme of "Conversation" continues our 2022 series, which has included reading and writing and will continue with the art of the great speech. The feature stories, regular columnists,
and even our custom crossword puzzles will all dive deeper into those ideas.
The feature articles for the fall issue discuss:
- The Empathy Diaries – Sherry Turkle, America’s most famous advocate of conversation, discusses the power of human connection.
- Our Charla by Cellphone – For Los Angeles area artists Vibiana Aparicio-Chamberlin and Luis Becerra, their shared culture is an obvious topic for talk.
- Conversations with the Desert – When Kim Haines-Eitzen listens to the land, she finds it often has interesting things to say.
- Talking Toward Success – In the 19th century, writes scholar Kevin Sheets, conversation could be a useful ladder for social advancement.
- Convention 2022 – Rebounding from the challenges of a pandemic, Phi Kappa Phi members physically gather at a national convention for the first time in four years.
As always, we welcome letters to the editor, member news, poetry submissions and story ideas for upcoming themes. Visit our Forum page to learn more.