Phi Kappa Phi is accepting applications for its 2020 awards program including Fellowships, Study Abroad Grants, Literacy Grants, Love of Learning Awards, Scholar/Artist and Distinguished Service Awards. These awards provide funding for graduate study, continuing education, professional development, studies abroad and local, national and international literacy initiatives.
Since 1932, Phi Kappa Phi’s awards program has recognized members and students on its chapter campuses for outstanding academic achievement. Nearly $1 million is awarded each year through programs that last year recognized more than 350 individuals.
Programs accepting applications include:
- Fellowships: A total of 58 fellowships are available to members entering their first year of graduate or professional study - 50 Fellowships of $8,500 each, six at $20,000 each, and two at $35,000. Application deadlines vary, so contact your local chapter for more information.
- Study Abroad Grants: 75 grants of $1,000 each will be awarded to both members and non-members studying abroad. The deadline to apply is March 15.
- Literacy Grants: Grants of up to $2,500 are available to Phi Kappa Phi chapters and individual members seeking funding for literacy initiatives. The deadline to apply is April 1.
- Love of Learning Awards: 200 awards, at $500 each, are available to help fund post-baccalaureate studies and professional development for active members. The deadline to apply is June 30.
- Scholar and Artist: A life membership and a $1,000 donation to a nonprofit cause will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate the ideals of the Society through their lifelong activities, achievements and scholarship. The deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
- Distinguished Service: A life membership and a $1,000 donation to a nonprofit cause will be awarded to an individual who has provided sustained, non-compensated volunteer service to others beyond the realm of academia. The deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
“I'm so grateful to Phi Kappa Phi, not only for giving me the opportunity to start graduate school undistracted by finances, but also giving me the encouragement to pursue my studies knowing that my dream career is in reach and that opportunities are out there,” said Chisom Ogoke, a Phi Kappa Phi award recipient.
For more information including eligibility requirements and application instructions, please visit www.phikappaphi.org/awards.