In This Section

Gifts of Stock

A gift of appreciated stock can be an excellent way for you to support Phi Kappa Phi. It also helps you avoid capital gains tax and allows you to take a charitable deduction. Outright gifts of marketable securities for current operations or endowments can be made in several ways.

Giving Stock

Arranging a transfer is the easiest way to give appreciated stock. If your broker holds the shares, provide a letter to your broker with a request to transfer with the following information:

  • Your name and brokerage account number.
  • The full name and exact number of shares of each security you wish to transfer.
  • The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi account information:

JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
DTC Participant Number 0902
Credit Account Number - P72500
FFC Account Number - U25696003

If you hold a stock certificate, the unendorsed certificate and a properly executed stock power, in blank, should be sent via Federal Express, or a similar guaranteed overnight delivery service. You do not need to have the stock certificate reissued in the name of Phi Kappa Phi.

Note, the stock power must be sent separately from the stock certificate and signed identical to the way that your name is shown on the stock certificate. You can mail the items to The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 7576 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806. 

Mutual Funds

A gift of mutual fund shares is handled differently than appreciated stocks and requires additional processing time. For instructions, please contact Brad Jewell.

Please consult your tax professional for advice related to your particular financial situation.

If you have questions about making a gift of securities to The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, please contact Brad Jewell at 225-923-7701 or