Kick start the new year with a new career opportunity! Take the first step and update your résumé within the Phi Kappa Phi Career Center.
Here are five reasons why you should update your résumé even if you're not actively looking for a job:
1. Highlight Your Achievements – When you're in the thick of day-to-day work, it's easy to forget how far you've come and in which areas you've developed. Listing out new skills or big accomplishments allows you to see your professional growth.
2. Understand What Makes You Happy – Look at the different experiences you've had in your career and think about what makes you thrive. Do you like a fast-paced environment, working on a team or independently? What is the work culture like? This helps you understand what to look for when searching for that next opportunity.
3. Recognize Your Strengths – The more you work on your strengths, the happier and more productive you will be in your career. Reviewing your résumé allows you to reflect on your strengths so you can find an opportunity that allows you to shine.
4. Review Your Résumé at a High Level – Looking at your résumé like a blueprint allows you to see where you'd like to go in your career path. Do you have the skills and experience needed to advance your career? What is the next step to reach that goal?
5. You Will Always Be Ready for That Next Opportunity – Even if you are a passive job seeker, having your résumé updated might allow that perfect opportunity to find you. Employers search the Phi Kappa Phi Career Center résumé bank, so don't let them glance over you because your résumé is outdated.
Whether or not you're currently looking for a job, start the New Year with a new or updated résumé. Visit Careers.PhiKappaPhi.org to get started today!
Click here to learn more about all the Phi Kappa Phi career resources available to active Phi Kappa Phi members. Not active? Renew today!