Phi Kappa Phi is currently accepting applications for its 2022 awards program including Scholar, Artist and Distinguished Service Awards, Study Abroad Grants, Literacy Grants, Fellowships and Love of Learning Awards. These awards honor and provide funding for graduate study, continuing education, professional development, studies abroad and local, national and international literacy initiatives.
Since 1932, Phi Kappa Phi’s awards program has recognized members and students on its chapter campuses for outstanding academic achievement. Each year more than $1 million is awarded through programs that last year recognized more than 425 individuals.
Programs currently accepting applications include:
- Scholar and Artist: A life membership and a $1,000 donation to a nonprofit cause will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate the ideals of the Society through their lifelong activities, achievements and scholarship. The deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
- Distinguished Service: A life membership and a $1,000 donation to a nonprofit cause will be awarded to an individual who has provided sustained, non-compensated volunteer service to others beyond the realm of academia. The deadline to apply is Feb. 1.
- Study Abroad Grants: One hundred twenty-five grants of $1,000 each will be awarded to both members and non-members studying abroad. The deadline to apply is March 15.
- Literacy Grants: Grants of up to $2,500 are available to Phi Kappa Phi chapters and individual members seeking funding for literacy initiatives. The deadline to apply is April 1.
- Fellowships: A total of 62 Fellowships are available each year - two at $35,000, six at $20,000 and fifty-four of $8,500 each to members entering the first year of graduate or professional study. The deadline to apply varies by each Phi Kappa Phi chapter. Contact your local chapter for deadline information.
- Love of Learning Awards: Two hundred awards at $500 each, are available to help fund post-baccalaureate studies and professional development for active members. The deadline to apply is June 30.
“The Society's dedication to educational and personal growth throughout one's lifetime is so unique; I feel that as I develop as an individual, there will be a different Phi Kappa Phi program or initiative to involve myself with,” said Alysa Blakeney, Love of Learning recipient.
For more information including eligibility requirements and application instructions for each program, please visit www.phikappaphi.org/awards.