Are you heading out on a road trip and need the perfect new podcast to help pass the time? Maybe you're ready to dive into a bucket of popcorn at your neighborhood theater and enjoy a movie on the big screen. Society members are sharing their favorite podcasts, movies and shows in our exclusive Link community as we head into summer, and we invite you to join the conversation to share your own or grab some new ideas.
Find a new favorite from fellow members who swapped recommendations of their favorite podcasts, movies and shows.
- Dirty John – This true crime podcast based on the life of John Michael Meehan is quite the hit among members garnering more recommendations than any other mentioned.
- Ed Mylett Show – Adiela Suarez Ramos, from our Florida International University chapter, named this as a favorite personal development podcast. It highlights guests at the top of their game in all industries for motivation and inspiration.
- Radiolab – This program produced at WNYC in New York City and broadcast on public radio takes a deep dive into tough topics such as science and ethics. Its award-winning style and sound have made it a favorite with hundreds of archived episodes available to enjoy.
- Horror – Do you like being scared? You're in good company. The Conjuring series got the biggest shout out among Society horror fans. (New this summer: A Quiet Place II)
- Musicals – From Grease to Moulin Rouge, musicals remain at the top of the list for many folks. What gets you singing in your seat? (New this summer: In the Heights)
- Superhero – Are you on team Marvel or DC? Marvel movies both old and new came out on top among members who love a great superhero story. (New this summer: Black Widow)
- The Big Bang Theory – Our favorite physicists spent 12 years working their way into viewers' hearts and still draw people back to watch again and again. Briana Wiebe, from San Jose State University, considers it one of her favorites.
- WandaVision – The Marvel Universe scores big again with this miniseries which follows two of their characters as they try to maneuver suburban life and conceal their true nature.
- Schitt's Creek – Multiple recommendations came in to check out the wealthy Rose family and their misadventures after losing their fortune. You'll fall in love with them as they fall in love with the tiny town of Schitt's Creek.
What are your favorites? We want to hear from you! The community is available to active members only, and you will be required to log in with your Phi Kappa Phi credentials. For login assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.