Manager, Data Operations and Strategy
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi seeks a seasoned, analytical-minded professional to provide direction and oversight of its database of 1 million+ members. The manager is responsible for ensuring optimal performance of the database (iMIS) and successfully integrating it with external applications. Ideal candidates will have experience with iMIS and leveraging data for organizational growth. This full-time, salaried position will be located at the Society’s HQ office in Baton Rouge. Submit resume and cover letter by August 15 to email@example.com.
- Ensures optimal performance, integrity and security of the database
- Completes regular maintenance on the database and related systems
- Identifies and reports opportunities for database improvements
- Works with iMIS consultants and third party vendors to develop and implement database enhancements
- Oversees implementation of all iMIS upgrades and updates
- Performs system testing of new database features and integrated modules
- Optimizes iMIS-driven website functions, including the join, renew, donate, profile and online store features
- Generates reports and statistics to help develop strategies for organizational growth
- Troubleshoots and addresses database anomalies
- Remains current on iMIS features, modules and functionality
- Provides iMIS training and support for staff and writes reports that help staff extract information to further strategic goals
- Helps develop email and mailing lists and works with marketing department to extract audience segments from the database for marketing purposes
- Evaluates and interprets email and website metrics to monitor effectiveness of email campaigns and website traffic
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience in:
- Database development and optimization
- Developing processes for database maintenance and hygiene
- Data mining for actionable insights
- Minimum of three years of SQL experience and a proven aptitude for analysis of data and creation of queries
- Solid understanding of database concepts, SQL and working knowledge of database operating environments, specifically SQL server
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, (VBA, pivot tables, VLookup, macros, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Access, (queries, VBA, reports, macros, etc.) \
- Highly organized, with superior problem resolution and analytical skills
- Knowledge of iMIS a plus
- Experience with web-based applications
- High level of accuracy in the performance of tasks and functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience
- BS in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Be able to climb stairs on a daily basis
- Be able to lift and carry computers and monitors
- Be able to crawl on the floor to reach wall connections
Chapter Enrollment Coordinator
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi seeks a Chapter Enrollment Coordinator for its national headquarters office in Baton Rouge to manage new member enrollment. Since our enrollment process focuses primarily on membership additions through web-based systems, the ideal candidate will be familiar with database systems and will have a working knowledge of how to create reports and extract data from our iMIS database. Autonomy and initiative are keys to this position as well as a passion for providing exceptional service to both our student members and chapter officers.
Submit a résumé and cover letter with references to Traci Payne, Senior Chapter Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin August 10 and continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience. Phi Kappa Phi offers an excellent benefits package. Phi Kappa Phi is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Serve as the primary enrollment contact to a diverse group of 1500+ chapter officers and 30,000 new members
- Coordinate all Chapter Development Department enrollment initiatives
- Manage the Online Enrollment Program (OEP) for all chapters choosing to utilize its services
- Provide relevant advice, assistance or guidance to volunteers as requested
- Collect, compile, analyze, and evaluate data both qualitatively and quantitatively and translate into program recommendations
- Engage with chapter officers on enrollment program updates and fulfillment services opportunities
- Update new initiate registration materials received from chapters
- Enter and update data including new member records and chapter enrollment history
- Serve as administrator for printing and shipping all new member certificates and materials
- Provide project and administrative support to the Senior Chapter Development Officer and Chapter Development Directors
Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of various computer applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively interact with chapter officers and members
- Self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Ability to proactively schedule and manage time and projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Phi Kappa Phi membership preferred
More About The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine and headquartered in Baton Rouge, LA, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest and most selective all-discipline honor society. The Society has chapters on more than 300 college and university campuses in North America and the Philippines. Its mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
Since its founding, more than 1.25 million members have been initiated. Some of the organization's more notable members include former President Jimmy Carter, NASA astronaut Wendy Lawrence, novelist David Baldacci and YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley. The Society has awarded approximately $15 million since the inception of its awards program in 1932. Today, more than $1 million is awarded each biennium to qualifying students and members through graduate fellowships, undergraduate study abroad grants, member and chapter awards and grants for local and national literacy initiatives. Phi Kappa Phi Employee Benefits Overview
Some employee benefits provided by Phi Kappa Phi include:
- The Society contributes an amount equal to 11% of the employee's base pay toward a retirement fund with TIAA-CREF.
- Employees pay only $35/mo. for Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance (including dental and vision).
- Employees earn 9.38 hours per month for annual leave and 10 hours per month for sick leave.
- Employees receive the following holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday, Christmas/New Year's (Ten working days to be determined on an annual basis), plus one personal day per year.
- Employees enjoy a 37.5/hr. work week and flexible schedule that can include half-day Fridays.