Chapter Enrollment Coordinator
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi seeks a Chapter Enrollment Coordinator for its national headquarters office in Baton Rouge to manage new member enrollment. Since our enrollment process focuses primarily on membership additions through web-based systems, the ideal candidate will be familiar with database systems and will have a working knowledge of how to create reports and extract data from our iMIS database. Autonomy and initiative are keys to this position as well as a passion for providing exceptional service to both our student members and chapter officers.
Submit a résumé and cover letter with references to Traci Payne, Senior Chapter Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin August 10 and continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience. Phi Kappa Phi offers an excellent benefits package. Phi Kappa Phi is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Serve as the primary enrollment contact to a diverse group of 1500+ chapter officers and 30,000 new members
- Coordinate all Chapter Development Department enrollment initiatives
- Manage the Online Enrollment Program (OEP) for all chapters choosing to utilize its services
- Provide relevant advice, assistance or guidance to volunteers as requested
- Collect, compile, analyze, and evaluate data both qualitatively and quantitatively and translate into program recommendations
- Engage with chapter officers on enrollment program updates and fulfillment services opportunities
- Update new initiate registration materials received from chapters
- Enter and update data including new member records and chapter enrollment history
- Serve as administrator for printing and shipping all new member certificates and materials
- Provide project and administrative support to the Senior Chapter Development Officer and Chapter Development Directors
Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of various computer applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively interact with chapter officers and members
- Self-starter, highly organized, detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Ability to proactively schedule and manage time and projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Phi Kappa Phi membership preferred
More About The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897 at the University of Maine and headquartered in Baton Rouge, LA, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation's oldest and most selective all-discipline honor society. The Society has chapters on more than 300 college and university campuses in North America and the Philippines. Its mission is "To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others."
Since its founding, more than 1.25 million members have been initiated. Some of the organization's more notable members include former President Jimmy Carter, NASA astronaut Wendy Lawrence, novelist David Baldacci and YouTube cofounder Chad Hurley. The Society has awarded approximately $15 million since the inception of its awards program in 1932. Today, more than $1 million is awarded each biennium to qualifying students and members through graduate fellowships, undergraduate study abroad grants, member and chapter awards and grants for local and national literacy initiatives. Phi Kappa Phi Employee Benefits Overview
Some employee benefits provided by Phi Kappa Phi include:
- The Society contributes an amount equal to 11% of the employee's base pay toward a retirement fund with TIAA-CREF.
- Employees pay only $35/mo. for Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance (including dental and vision).
- Employees earn 9.38 hours per month for annual leave and 10 hours per month for sick leave.
- Employees receive the following holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday, Christmas/New Year's (Ten working days to be determined on an annual basis), plus one personal day per year.
- Employees enjoy a 37.5/hr. work week and flexible schedule that can include half-day Fridays.