Chapter Development Director
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is seeking a creative critical thinker as Chapter Development Director. Phi Kappa Phi, a 501(c)(3) organization, is the nation’s oldest, most selective, and most prestigious all-discipline honor society and inducts more than 30,000 upper-class and graduate students annually.
The Chapter Development Department works collaboratively with faculty serving as chapter officers on 300+ campuses across the United States. The position involves regular communication with assigned chapters; development and delivery of training workshops; support and nurture of volunteer leaders; occasional travel to campuses and conferences; and gathering and analyzing data from chapters to support the strategic initiatives of the Society.
A master’s degree is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education and/or membership-based not-for-profit organizations and will enjoy working with volunteers. Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is preferred. The position is located in Baton Rouge, LA.
Submit a résumé and cover letter with references to Traci Payne, Senior Chapter Development Officer at email@example.com. Salary is commensurate with experience. Phi Kappa Phi offers an excellent benefits package. Review of applications will begin on December 1st and will continue until the position is filled. Phi Kappa Phi is an equal opportunity employer.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi seeks a Programs Coordinator to administer its national awards programs. Headquartered in Baton Rouge, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest and most selective all-discipline collegiate honor society. It distributes more than $500,000 in awards each year to students and members. The Programs Coordinator will organize all aspects of the Society’s numerous awards programs. Responsibilities include updating and distributing promotional materials; vetting, processing and disseminating applications to review committees; fielding questions from applicants and stakeholders; assisting in the preparation of the annual awards edition of the Society’s magazine; and serving as staff liaison to several volunteer committees.
Submit a résumé and cover letter to Traci Navarre, Chief Marketing Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience. Phi Kappa Phi offers an excellent benefits package. Review of applications will begin Oct. 15 and continue until the position is filled. Phi Kappa Phi is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manages the Society’s online awards application and review platform
- Vets, processes and disseminates applications to review committees
- Updates and distributes promotional materials
- Reviews and updates awards information on the Society website to keep accurate and current
- Assists in the preparation of the annual awards edition of the Society’s magazine
- Prepares letters to various stakeholders such as award recipients, university/college administrators, and selection committees
- Oversees general awards-related administrative duties
- Serves as staff liaison to several volunteer committees
- Works with marketing staff to raise awareness of and participation in Society awards
- Answers all member correspondence related to awards
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 3 years of relevant professional experience required
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service and willingness and ability to work in team environment
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral and written communication
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks
- Excellent grasp of technology – including Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new software platforms such as a website content management system, custom awards submission and review program, presentation software and membership database