Chapters play a critical role in the success of Phi Kappa Phi’s award and grant programs. Because most information is often distributed at the chapter level, we rely on you to help us effectively promote these programs.
As you know, our award season is in full swing! Here are a few tips to help your chapter continue to promote and encourage participation in the various programs. Ways to Promote
- Place posters (pictured on right) in prominent areas throughout campus. Tip: Give a few posters to your institution’s Scholarship and Student Aid department for additional coverage.
- Run an advertisement in your campus newspaper.
- Host an informational meeting.
- Publicize the awards on your chapter website and social media pages.
- Conduct a workshop with interested applicants on how to apply. Tip: Consider recruiting a previous Phi Kappa Phi award winner from your chapter to speak at the meeting.
- Send an e-newsletter.
- Hand out fact sheets at a campus event.
- Ask your chapter’s public relations officer or Communications Committee to help develop additional promotional materials. Tip: Highlight testimonials from previous award winners.
When planning events or chapter-related communications, keep these important deadlines in mind:
- Study Abroad — April 1 deadline
- Literacy — April 1 deadline
- Fellowship — April 15 deadline (Note: Chapter applications are due at Headquarters on this date. Local deadline is determined by each chapter.)
- Love of Learning — June 30 deadline
Society Headquarters has created a variety of resources to assist chapters in promoting the application periods. VisitPhiKappaPhi.org/Awards
to download fact sheets, posters, applications, and more.
Looking for a quick snapshot of all the programs? Download this one-page fact sheet
If you have additional questions about the award and grant programs or application process, contact Program Coordinator Kelli Partin firstname.lastname@example.org
or 800.804.9880, ext. 235.