As you’ve surely heard by now, Phi Kappa Phi uses Merit to promote the many achievements of its members! So, how does it work?
- You accomplish something great such as being initiated into the Society, receiving a Phi Kappa Phi award or grant, or getting elected as a chapter officer.
- Society Headquarters creates a personalized story based on your achievement.
- You receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to claim your very own Merit profile. See a sample profile here.
- Your local newspapers also receive a copy of your personalized story in the form of a press release.
- Using the tool on your Merit page, you brag about your accomplishments by sharing it on Twitter and/or Facebook.
- You customize your Merit profile with a photo and additional achievements, activities and work experience. Consider it a virtual résumé!
- You accomplish other great things to receive additional Phi Kappa Phi-branded badges. See examples of the badges here.
If you haven’t claimed your Merit profile yet, do so today! To learn more about the program including how to request a Merit page, click here.